Monday, June 27, 2016

1: What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?

My favorite way to spend a lazy day... I feel as if all my days are lazy.

My favorite lazy days must exclude work and include doing something... going to the movies perhaps. Yes- going to the movies, and dinner.

I could lay in bed or on the couch- not that I ever lay on the couch, but I could, perhaps, at some point. I could lay down with some coffee or cocoa and binge on Netflix or sleep or immerse myself in a book. But that's too lazy, and I spend so much of my life either horizontally or vertically oriented that my favorite days consist of a nice, in-between orientation.

Going to the movies is still a passive activity, but the act of going is enough to make me feel as if I'm filling my time in a meaningful way. And then there's going out to dinner: a step above ordering take-out but many steps below cooking for myself. This also ensures I won't drip any General Tsos sauce on my sheets. My sauce stained sheets are indicative of just how miserably lazy I normally am.

No comments:

Post a Comment